Tens Unit For Tennis Elbow
What Is Tennis Elbow?
Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is one of the most common painful conditions of the elbow. Inflammation and pain occur on and around the outer bony bump of the elbow where the muscles and tendons attach to the bone. These structures are responsible for lifting your wrist up so this condition can occur with many activities, not just tennis.
Any activity that involves gripping and twisting of the forearm can cause this type of strain.
Anybody can get tennis elbow but it is most common in people between the ages of 40 and 60.
Although tennis elbow is painful it normally recovers and it does not lead to arthritis.
What Do I Do To Get Better?
The first step to getting better is getting rid of the in Inflammation. Daily ice massage will help fill a paper cup with water and freeze. Peel the top of the cup away to expose the ice and rub over the affected area in a circular motion for 5–7 minutes. Your physician may also prescribe some anti-in Inflammation medication to take for several weeks.
Medication of the activity that caused the problem and rest will help. Wearing a tennis elbow strap may also help take the pressure off of the tendons where they attach to the bone. This can be worn during any type of wrist/elbow activity.
Stretching and strengthening the muscles and tendons involved are key to making this problem go away. The home program below of daily stretches is a good place to start. Once your elbow starts feeling better you will be able to add some light strengthening exercises.
TENS Unit for Tennis Elbow
Some therapists may apply ice and electrical stimulation- Tens Units to ease pain and improve healing of the tendon.
Electrodes applied to the skin deliver low voltage intermittent stimulation to surface nerves in the skin. The transmission of pain signals is blocked and endorphins are released. Endorphins are the body’s natural pain killers.
Electrical stimulation is also known as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS Unit). TENS Units refers to many types of electrical units that are used to relieve pain. Electrodes are placed on the skin near the injured area and attached to a TENS Unit stimulator by flexible wires. Electrical impulses are then produced to give relief from pain. The battery-operated Tens unit is portable and can be used at home by the patient.
TENS Unit is non-invasive and non-addictive. It has no side effects and can be used to treat acute or chronic pain.
Exercises are used to gradually stretch and strengthen the forearm muscles. Because tendinosis is often linked to overuse, your therapist will work with you to reduce repeated strains on your elbow.
When symptoms come from a particular sport or work activity, your Physical Therapist will observe your style and motion with the activity.
[Newest Model] TechCare Massager Plus 24 Modes - Portable TENS Unit - FDA Cleared! [510(k) cleared]
TechCare Massager Plus is a dual-channel battery powered multi function device, offering both Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS) and Powered Muscle Simulator (PMS) qualities in one device. Pro offers a large LCD Display, 24 Modes and 2 A-B outputs. This unit features adjustable timer, battery life indicator and built in lithium battery.
TechCare Massager Plus 24 has 24 modes to stimulate most popular massages. A-B Out will allow you to have 2 different strengths at the same time.
3 pairs of electrodes [510(k) cleared]
2 output electrode cables
1 USB cable
- WHAT IS TECHCARE MASSAGER : It is a combination of TENS and PMS device, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and prescribed Doctors for over 40 years. FDA Approved TechCare Massagers delivers low-voltage pulses to the skin to stimul
- FEATURES : 24 preprogramed massage modes. Tapping, Acupuncture, Deep Tissue, Foot, Cupping, Combo. Adjustable 20 to 60 minutes timer by using " T " button. Rechargeable internal lithium battery. Up to 20 hours continues use. A-B Output will allow you to u
- WHAT IS INCLUDED ? : 1x 2019 Newest Model Controller, 4 Large Electrodes ( Pads ), 2 Electrodes Cables, User's Manual, Usb and Wall Charger, 1 Small Electrode Pad and Wire Holder, 1 Treatment Points Chart they all come with LIFE TIME LIMITED WARRANTY
- PAIN RELIEF: Techcare Massager contracts and releases the muscles, gets the knots out and will give you all the benefits of a massage. Chiropractors has been using this method for the people suffers from Neck Pain
- WARRANTY: Techcare Massager backed up with Limited Lifetime Warranty and 30 Days Money Back Guarantee